5. I got a really nasty stomach bug and it took a long time to recover.
4. I have an infestation of stink bugs in the garden.
3. We got a new dog – her name is Lucy.
2. I've been reading a lot of interesting books to help my clients.
and the number one reason I haven't been blogging is….
1. I needed some quiet, reflective time for myself.
I'm a huge proponent of quiet reflection. Our society doesn't support quiet thought, or even just quiet for the sake of being quiet. I have found that I need to unplug fairly often. That means I cut down on stimuli, less computer, less visiting with friends, less visual and auditory stimulation.
I might unplug for an afternoon, a day, a weekend, or even for a week. My goal is for minimal stimulation and maximum quiet and rest. This isn't the time to get my "to do" list done, it's time to let things "be."
I find that when I am finished unplugging, and ready to plug back into the wonderful busy world, I have more clarity of thought, a quieter mind, more peaceful dreams. And I am a better therapist, because I have cleared out some of the cobwebs.
When was the last time you unplugged? How about trying it for a day this weekend? Or maybe, spend this weekend without newspapers, TV, radio, computer, cell phone…imagine what could happen!